Monday, April 25, 2011

John Curd, RIP

I was shocked to learn, earlier today, of the recent death of a former Genentech colleague, Dr John Curd.



John was a brilliant clinical researcher. But it's not his brilliance that I will always remember, so much as his kindness. In his role as Vice-President of Clinical Research at Genentech, he always showed me (and others) remarkable forbearance and kindness, and is one of the people I will always remember for helping me, a greenhorn who could sometimes be very prickly indeed, to realise my full potential.

The world is diminished by his passing. My thoughts go out to his family and friends - he was a truly remarkable, and wonderful, man.

I don't have words adequate to express all that he did for me, and am truly saddened by the news of his death.

John Curd, biotech veteran, dies unexpectedly at age 65 .

1 comment:

  1. I never met him, but I recognized him from the Herceptin movie that we saw at work a year or so ago. He was an important part of the story, describing way the clinical trials were conducted, and being shocked by the activist position that Genentech was being cruel to women with breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete