Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Eagle Has Landed

Just a quick note, to say that I arrived here in Paris on Thursday morning, and am comfortably ensconced in the flat that I will be renting for the duration of my stay. It's in a great location, on rue Notre Dame de Nazareth, in the Marais district (nearest Metro station is "Temple"). It's about a 20-minute walk to the school, which I visited on Friday, just to check things out. The bank draft for my school fees had just made it by Friday, after presumably meandering through the French banking system for a week. So I am all set for my placement test first thing tomorrow morning.

For now, I have managed to procure the all-important adapter for the computer. Wi-fi in the apartment works a charm. The good news is that French TV appears to be infinitely more tolerable than its Spanish counterpart, so I have it on in the background as I write - it can't hurt, right?

But it's 12:30 on a bright Sunday morning, so I am headed out once more to explore - this time I hope to make it to Notre Dame and the Ile de la Cite. Photos will follow in due course - right now I'm just happy to have the computeer stuff all squared away. I love my little Acer - one of the best investments I've ever made.

So far everyone has been very charming and helpful - let's hope things stay that way.

I'm so excited. Here I am, in Paris. Just knowing that gives me more confidence about my French abilities. But tomorrow will be the moment of truth.

Au revoir for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment