Monday, March 19, 2012

Out and about in the Neighborhood

A few pictures from my recent ramblings:


Faith, Hope, and Charity.


If we can have a "Rue du Croissant", why not a "Bagel Boulevard"?


I love that there is a bookstore dedicated to the horse!


Note how I manage to sneak in a cat picture here.

Insomnia is improving slightly. I have high hopes for quitting the cycle this evening, due to some melatonin that I managed to score earlier today (no need to go into the details, but in the end your true friends are those with the good drugs). Brad arrives tomorrow morning, so I am excited about that. And tonight it's "Top Chef, France" !

In other news, on the political front, the slate of 10 candidates for the first round of the presidential elections on April 22nd has been finalized
. The three front runners are Sarkozy, Hollande, and the vile Marine Le Pen. In general, nobody gets an absolute majority in the first round, so that the final selection will be decided on Sunday May 6th, in a runoff between the two front-runners in the first round. I have already been invited to an election night party at Rodolfo's (the charming upstairs neighbor of Nancy and Gabriella). And I fully intend to go.

The whole country is stunned by the assassination in cold blood, earlier today, of a teacher and three students outside a Jewish school in Toulouse. People seem genuinely horrified -- even the politicians are showing an unusually united front in condemning the atrocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment