Saturday, April 21, 2012

What took me so long?

My apartment here this spring is close to perfect. In particular, the duplex layout, with the TV in the upstairs bedroom, but with an extra toilet downstairs where the sofabed is, works really well when guests are here. The only slight disadvantage was that, sometimes when I was hanging out downstairs, I would feel guilty because I wasn't really able to listen to French in the background. Now that problem has been solved, and my digs are pretty much perfect. The solution:


For instance, even as I write this, I am listening to a fascinating interview with France Bequette, author of Ma Grand-mère Cannibale (My grandmother the cannibal), whose (great)grandmother was a member of the Donner Party.

Grandma was a Cannibal

I have no doubt that listening to this searing story will improve my French enormously.

By the way, this seems like a good idea to promote my own thrilling Donner Party story in the works. For now, all I can share is its bewitching title:

Painted Ladies : The Untold Story of the Two Indomitable Donner Party Survivors Who Founded San Francisco's Most Architecturally Charming Brothel and a Nationwide Cosmetics Distribution Network

Order your copy now. In fact, don't just order it. Order it in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment