Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Neanderthal Archbishop of Lyon has a Reasoned Message pour vous

Today I tried to get a headstart on the little demon who tries to dissuade me from going to the gym by going for my workout during my lunch break. This worked quite well, and left me with lots of energy during our exciting afternoon session on the French penal code and criminal law procedures; however, one side-effect appears to be that by now (23:00) I have completely run out of steam.

So, while I had hoped to regale you with the latest developments in the ongoing fig newton investigation, my empirical experience with the Benjamin Franklin effect, not to mention my exciting recent acquisition of the finest in Bruno Magli's product line, all of these topics will have to wait until a later posting.

Instead, I leave you with this cartoon, which unfortunately sums up the level of "debate" attained by the catholic hierarchy here in France (specifically, the archbishop of Lyon, the appropriately named Philippe Cardinal Barbarin) on the topic of gay marriage:


Rabid episcopal figure: First gay marriage, then polygamy, incest, cannibalism, necrophilia, bestiality...
Parishioner: Maybe we'll come back for the baptism some other day...

Somewhere a neanderthal village is missing its idiot.

Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment