Friday, September 30, 2011

Le cochon de Gaza


Just got in from seeing "le Cochon de Gaza" with Nancy and Gabriella. It's an extended shaggy-pig story of a movie in which a pig washes up in a Palestinian fisherman's nets and hilarity ensues. The film managed to be charming and moving, without erring on the side of cuteness, so the three of us really enjoyed it.

Dinner afterwards in Montorgueuil was excellent, though profiterole-free. My duck with mango sauce was delicious.

Last night I stayed up way too late, drinking Malbec and listening to Astor Piazzolla, until I had worked myself into a bout of severe nostalgia for Buenos Aires. So it's an early night tonight (relatively speaking -- it's already past 11pm here). Fortunately, my flight to Cork tomorrow doesn't leave until 4pm, so I can worry about packing in the morning.

I find it very hard to believe that I'm here four weeks already today. September seems to have passed in a (very pleasant) blur. But, as I said in my previous post, I think I have made some real progress with my French, particularly in the past couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment